Certified Job Board
Claremore, OK 74017
DEPARTMENT: Inside Sales
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Inside Sales Manager
Assists customers in obtaining merchandise or service desired. Updates computer system with sales information necessary for sales transactions. May have tactical responsibility for performance of specific department(s). Responsible for merchandising assigned area(s) or department(s).
1. Greets customers on sales floor and by telephone in a friendly and professional manner and ascertains type, quality, and quantity of merchandise desired. Assists customers in returns of merchandise according to established policies. Quotes prices and delivery information. Sells merchandise to individuals in store using knowledge of products sold.
2. Prepares sales orders for orders obtained. Invoices orders as may be appropriate for processing of order. Wraps or bags merchandise for customers.
3. Assists in determining appropriate disposition of special order merchandise for customers upon receipt. Contacts customers by telephone, in person, or mail to facilitate pickup or delivery as expediently as possible.
4. May have various responsibilities as assigned by Inside Sales Manager to affect performance of specific department(s). Assists in merchandising of products. May assist in taking inventory of stock. May requisition merchandise from stockroom. May assist in placing new merchandise on display.
5. Assists in stocking shelves, counters, gondolas, or tables with merchandise. Sets up advertising displays or arranges merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales as directed by Inside Sales Manager.
6. Cleans shelves, counters, tables, and merchandise daily. May assist in stamping, marking, or tagging price on merchandise.
(Sales Associate continued)
7. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND ABILITIES:
High school diploma, its equivalent, or successful completion of basic education requirements with 3-12 months job-related experience.
Ability to visually interpret displayed or printed data; perform manual entry or inquiry through a computer keyboard; utilize an electronic calculator; and verbally communicate with customers, employees, vendors, and others--often all of the above in rapid sequence, or some parts simultaneously.
Ability to create legible, accurately written communication to employees, customers, vendors, and others.
Ability to understand and follow written or verbal instructions from supervisory personnel.
Ability to stand for long periods of time (up to 8 hours), walk and sit (up to 4 hours) daily.
Repetitive use of wrist, hands, and fingers. Eye and hand coordination relating to holding, opening, and removing items.
Ability to reach overhead, carry, push, pull, lift, and hold items from 10-50 pounds regularly.
Ability to exert 20 pounds of pressure frequently and 50 pounds of pressure regularly.
POSITION EVALUATION FACTORS:
1. Responsibility -- Direct, but supervised, impact on sales, costs, or assets. Work is done under supervision, but advice and assistance are not always readily available. Matters dealt with are governed by procedures or policies that are established in general terms but with some latitude for interpretation. Decisions and actions on difficult problems are subject to approval beforehand.
2. Skills -- Knowledge of standardized but moderately complex procedures and operations, requiring training and experience. Skill to apply procedures or operate varied equipment for purposes of performing standard operations.
(Sales Associate continued)
3. Physical/Mental Exertion --Work requires regular physical and mental effort. Conditions frequently induce fatigue.
4. Environmental Exposures -- Good working conditions. Involves occasional exposure to dust, dirt, heat, or cold.
5. Contacts -- Continuous contact with customers and employees.
6. Supervision of others -- None.